June is Mens Health Month and we've put together a series of top tips to keeping your mind and body healthy.
The purpose of Men’s Health Month is to heighten the awareness of preventable health problems and encourage early detection and treatment of disease among men and boys. This month gives us an opportunity to encourage guys all over the world to seek regular medical advice and early treatment for disease and injury. Here at the Holistic List, we will be looking at Mens Health specifically in June, and hope to educate and encourage you to self-check for signs of disease, be aware when your body or mind is not feeling right, and to raise awareness of how holistic health can help.
There are many ways to raise awareness of Mens Health Month yourself. Here are a few ideas:
- Wear something blue to raise awareness of mens health. You could arrange a wear blue day or week at work or with your family. Share and post it on social media #menshealthmonth
- Raise money and awareness for mens health charities
- Treat your dad, brother, son, uncle, to a spa treatment (when it’s safe to do so)
- Arrange a sporting activity with your mates, eg a bike ride, a hike or job, or a social-distancing-compliant sports game
- Is there a history of a particular illness or condition in the men of your family? Read up on the condition so you are aware of the warning signs and possible preventative measures.